It’s gettin a lil chilly outside! But that shouldn’t scare you out of enjoying all the fun fall stuff that’s going down in the city. Even though nothing can compare to the summer, Chicago still manages to get it poppin with events and activities all year around. If you need some cute date ideas for you and bae or just want some fun things to do with the homies, we got you covered. Here’s a list of some cool events we found. If you run into us at any of these, don’t be shy n’ say wassup hello!
- Coors Light reFRESH Soundtrack Event: Featuring DJ Mustard and Fabolous: This Wednesday Oct. 14th, Chicago DJ’s will take you through a night of Chicago sounds from the House days, to Juke, and to present Drill music. Headlining the event will be DJ Mustard and rapper Fabolous at Park West. RSVP in the embedded link.
- R.Kelly 2nd Show: The one and only Pied Piper of R&B will be live at the Chicago Theater Oct. 14th-15th. The first show is sold out and the second one is cutting it close but you still have time! You don’t wanna miss this!
- Chicago Ideas Week: Hey masterminds! Attend talks, labs, and dinners with inspirational thought leaders (artists, scientists, musicians, inventors, explorers) at Ideas Week. Special guests include Martha Stewart, Tom Arnold, and Chicago’s own Common. Events are going on until Oct. 18th.
- Chicago Artists Month: The Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events is showcasing the work of Chicago’s independent artists and arts organizations all month long. Check out performances, exhibitions, open studios, demonstrations, and neighborhood art walks until Nov. 15th.
- Tuesday Night Happy Hour Cruise: The Happy Hour Cruise is winding down to its last two Tuesdays (Oct. 13th and Oct. 20th). Departing from Navy Pier, aboard the Mystic Blue yacht and enjoy a night of music, dance, drinks and sexy skyline views. We heard the drinks were pricey so you might wanna pregame. Discounted tickets are $8.
- Bulls Games: It’s almost basketball season! The Bulls started their preseason last Tuesday, and have a game tonight against Detroit at 7pm. Click the link for dates and tickets. GO BULLS!
- Chicago International Film Festival: Get your culture on by heading to the International Film Festival at AMC for a week of 150 films from over 50 countries. Festivities are from Oct. 15th-29th.
- Open House Chicago: Get your chance to explore Chicago like you never have! From Oct. 17th-18th, Chicago open’s its doors for a behind the scenes look at 200 exclusive buildings across the city. Oh and most importantly, it’s free! Tours are on first come first serve basis so don’t be late.
- Vintage Garage: Shop in a parking garage filled with vintage everything from over 100 vendors at this amazing extravaganza. Vintage Garage has been going down every third Sunday of the month and the season finale is this Sunday Oct. 18th (wahh!).
- The Halloween Gathering: The Chicago Cultural Mile Association will be teaming up with creative Chicago organizations like The Art Institute of Chicago, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Columbia College Chicago and the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians for the first ever Halloween Gathering. Enjoy an artsy twist to Halloween at the all-day event with zombie “Thriller” dancing, theater and musical performances, exhibitions, art workshops and a Halloween parade. Stay later for the after party for a night of costumes, food, drinks, and live music.
- Six Flags Fright Fest: It’s that wonderful time of year when Six Flags Great America becomes haunted. It’s “thrills by day and fright by night,” with zombies roaming the theme park and the rides get even spookier. Doors open at 5pm Oct. 30th.